Due to tremendous growth, we created The V(i)llage Ambassadorship program, which is looking for FOUR individuals to become an integral part of our K-12 outreach efforts. Ambassadors will work in schools with students on The V(i)llage curriculum, plan community service projects and develop our college tour. The ambassadorship position receives a $2,000 scholarship. GRADUATE STUDENTS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. We are seeking candidates who have the following:
• An interest in higher education;
• A commitment to Social Justice;
• Willingness to work with underserved student communities;
• Experience working as a member of diverse groups;
• Have sophomore standing by the end of Spring Semester 2017;
• Interest in teaching, and/or conducting research;
• Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
• Academic-year-long commitment: September 2017-May 2018;
• Work 10 hours per week
• Must have a car, travel is required;
Apply online at www.thinkpositionality.org no later than Wednesday, September 6, 2017. Phone and Skype interviews will be conducted September 7-8, 2017. Final decisions will be made September 9, 2017.
Training is September 13-15, 2017 and ambassadors enter schools the week of September 18, 2017.